Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Let's Launch a Cyber Community

Hello and greetings to all you enthusiastic artists.
I t was such a great time meeting you and spending a week at beautiful Gordon College at the 2006 CIVA Summer Workshop.

Sharing our work, our thoughts, our dreams and even our frustrations was the highlight of the week. Our instructors challenged us to think outside of the box, offering new perspectives to viewing and constructing visual images. I think they were attempting to moves us out of our comfortable ruts providing us with a fresh framework for working.

To start I hope to offer you a collection of snapshots from our workshop. Please make every effort to humor us with comments regarding your photogenic natures.

This blog is all about being friends in the Visual Arts and brothers and sisters in Christ as we make art.
As we expand I hope others offer images for posting, either completed images or incomplete images ready for critique. or just plain kudos!

I selected Blogger as our blog site because my webhosting service
FineArtsStudioOnline developer Clint Watson had a blog Fine Art Views on Blogger, Makoto Fujimura has a blog Refractions on the same site, and I have a blog on Blogger called Art Thoughts with Judith Reidy . It kept the choice simple. I keep learning more features as I use the blog.

For now make comments on the pictures. Email me images and I will upload them. Join the community and make your own blog if you like. It only takes minutes. Go to start a Blogger. If you would like to join the team and be able to edit I will soon let you know how.

If you have any suggestions or comments about this project feel free to post them (postings are set for delay and moderation at this time) or email me directly.

I will be looking into a chat site too.

Judith Reidy
judith@judithreidy.com

No comments: