Sunday, September 24, 2006

This is Alexandra Jordan's Reflections on the Summer

Hey CIVA WPCC,

This is Alexandra Jordan. I am working at my job providing social services to homeless and low income residents of Long Beach (www.coalongbeach.org). This is the busy season, fundraising like crazy to make up for the dismal Summer we had. Everyone took their checkbooks and left town! I have not touched a camera, brush or pencil and I feel it accutely. The workshop was perfect for me because I had a whole week to create and explore. My daily life, back home, is pretty much about survival---for me and my clients. In this season I am growing but it's not in my art or through my art. This is a particular season filled with daily challenges:husband out of work, teen and pre-teen kids growing and changing,father and father-in-law fighting Cancer(pray for Jim and Mac)...etc! Everything before me is urgent and my art just doesn't even come up on the radar! I AM aware that I should get out and look at the work of others and for now that can sustain and refresh me. The workshop affirmed my identity as an artist, that is how God made me.That was a huge blessing! What that means in my life and how I will serve Him with those gifts I have not a clue. God willing and by the power of the Holy Spirit at some point I will change and/or my life will change and there will be time/space/energy ROOM for creative expression and exploration. For now, relationships with people: family, clients, donors, strangers, are my "art". I pray God finds them pleasing and according to His will.

God Bless You All,
Alexandra Jordan
(4X5 Photography)

No comments: